……A SAFER OPTION OPTION TO A LIFE FREE FROM MORBIDITY AND MORTALITY
Introduction to coronary heart disease
Coronary heart disease is the major cause of death in the modern society.
It results from deposits of cholesterol and fat which lead to blockages of the arteries supplying the heart muscles.
Deficiency of blood and thereby oxygen due to these blockage lead to angina pain and sometimes heart attacks. The basic reason for theses fat deposits are faulty diet (rich in cholesterol and fat) stress, high blood pressure, obesity, lack of physical activity, smoking etc..
Preventive program of P.P.C.C (Poona Preventive Cardiology Centre)
PPCC offers scientifically guided and proven non surgical techniques to reverse coronary heart disease with modern medical treatment, combined with slightly modification in diet, lifestyle, stress reduction programs.
It is safe highly effective non-surgical treatment alternative for angina or ischemic heart disease patients, It work by increasing & improving blood supply to the heart & rest of the body. It is administered twice or thrice weekly as customized intravenous infusion over 3 hrs to the patients along with lifestyle management, customized nutrient supplementation anti-oxidant treatment etc. usually 20-30 infusion are required depending on condition of the patient. We use the IBCMT (International Board of Clinical Metal Toxicology) / ADC (Arterial Disease Clinic)
ECP or External Counter Pulsation is a globally accepted US-FDA approved non surgical machine based therapy used to reduce the symptoms of angina, heart failure etc. It is a simple safe non invasive effective treatment which does not involve any anesthesia, surgery, wires stents etc. As per Standered protocal being used internationally ECP is done in 35 sessions of hour each administered to the patient over 6 days a week for 6 weeks ECP works by increasing the blood flow to the heart during its rest phase(Diastole) during which the coronary arteries receive their blood supply. It has some pressure systemes which are wrapped around the body parts which have extra blood storage.
The pressure systems are regularly synchronizing in such a way that much more blood reaches the origin of the coronary arteries during every diastole of heart. Thus the coronary arteries get filled up completely with blood, during these periods flushing so much blood in the dormant but stretchable elastic capillaries that they becomes broad, ECP causes an immediate and sustained increase in the blood supply of the heart by
- Dilating the cornary blood vessels
- Opening dormant collateral vessels
- Creating new blood vessels. (Angiogeness)
It also decreases the work load on theheart and improves the circulation to the other parts of the body like the brain, kidney, muscles etc.
- You are suffering from angina (chest pain)/breathlessness in spite of being on medication
- You want to avoid bypass surgery/angioplasty
- You have been deemed to be unfit for bypass surgery/angioplasty due to diabetes old age etc.
- You have undergone bypass surgery/ angioplasty and you still have agina(chest pain)/breathlessness
- You have pain in the legs due to peripheral disases
- Stroke patients with paresis(weakness)
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Decreased sexual functioning (Libido problems)
- Those who have undertaken CABG or stenting but now wants to take precaution against re blockage (which can come anytime) or restenosis
- Improves quality of life.
- Decreased frequency of chest pain/ discomfort, angina.
- Ability to breathe better.
- Decrease in the requirement of medicines.
- Increased energy levels.
- Improvement in memory and mental ability.
- Better sexual performance.
- Lesser fatigue.
- Day care treatment.
- Cardiologist and qualified doctors & staff available.
- Special training programs for Diet & Life style modification.
- Personal follow up with the patients.
- AC & non AC treatments halls are available.
- Conduction of stress releaving-reading & discussion sessions are arranged for patients.
This is a smart non-invasive impedance cardiography machine that provides heamodynamic information quickly & is clinically proven to assist in assessment, prognosis & therapy.