Our cultural beliefs teach us to spend more time nurturing our kids, so they spend more time nurturing us in old age. But I’d rather modify this belief to say that one should spend more time nurturing their body so that it nurtures your wellbeing in old age. From the moment we become self-aware and sensible of our surroundings, we start setting our materialistic goals. Starting with an A-grade degree, to a high-paying job, to a loving spouse, to a spacious house, to kids, and other expensive accessories, we spend our adulthood rushing through time. Until one day, an unforeseen pain in the left hand, or back, or the jaw, sets in and turns out to be a heart attack.
The primary reason one suffers from a cardiovascular disorder is the stiffening of the arteries to the heart. Here, we’ll discuss some factors which are the leading reasons behind this problem, followed by some guidelines that’ll help you prevent such problems in the long run.
Primary Causes Of Stiffness In The Arteries:
Consider an example of a rubber pipe. If left out in the sun for too long, the rubber pipe stiffens and often cracks. The arteries to our hearts undergo similar stiffening process, but the causes of this stiffening are different, such as:
- Following an unbalanced, unhealthy, and untimely diet: this includes skipping breakfast, eating meals anytime during a day, eating more spicy food, junk food, deep-fried food.
- Metallic contamination: I’ve discussed the impurities that enter our body through air, water, and food before. But another concerning yet underemphasized factor is the utensils and cutlery we use today. The metals and coatings that are used to manufacture utensils today are more hazardous than ever. Such as non-stick coatings which are a cancer developing agent, or aluminum which is a slow poisoning metal.
- Smoking and drinking
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Diabetes and hypertension
- Mental stress
When bodily acids, cholesterol cells, and metallic elements pile up in the body due to a combination of the above-mentioned reasons, it leads to artery blockages. Not just cholesterol, but all these factors are responsible for the cardiovascular problems observed today and the only preventive measures I can suggest can be easily achieved by following these simple yet paramount steps throughout your lives:
Undergoing Comprehensive Physical Checkups:
- Cholesterol level checkups are necessary albeit not a primary solution.
- Checking for Vitamin B and D is equally vital as lack of these elements can not only lead to stiffened arteries but are also linked to cancerous development in the body.
- ECG, Stress Test, 2D Echo, etc. are other tests that help in detecting signs of a heart attack.
- Before opting for angioplasty, you must consider undergoing the preventive tests and treatments which can help subdue the cardiovascular blockages in their early stages.
Utilizing Natural Chelator Agents In Your Diet:
- Water is the best chelator agent which helps in excreting toxins from our body.
- Holy basil, mint leaves, lemon, and coriander are other great chelator agents that are best consumed on an empty stomach every morning. A bottle gourd smoothie made with a fistful of coriander and mint leaves can help you achieve optimal results of natural chelation.
- Using ginger, garlic, and turmeric (with high curcumin content) in daily meals is essential in preventing heart blockages in the long run.
- Eating a pinch of cinnamon powder (preferably homemade) before every meal can greatly improve your BP levels.
- Flax seeds rich in Omega-3 fatty acids play a vital role in preventing you from heart attacks
A Punctual And Healthy Diet Schedule:
- Food prepared by your mother or spouse is far healthier and hygienic, and yet most of us complain about it as our tongue desires the spiciness and exotic appearance of restaurant food.
- Not spending on packed and spicy restaurant foods today can save you from spending a fortune on heart treatments in the future.
Using Iron Or Clay-made Utensils:
- Get rid of your non-stick pans and aluminum utensils today, as the harm they cause is gradual and irreversible.
- Use iron or clay utensils for cooking which are nontoxic and relatively cheaper for everyone.
Following Your Bp And Hypertension Medication Schedule:
- No matter how benign, if you’re diagnosed with blood pressure problems, take prompt action and follow the medical prescription faithfully.
Managing Your Mental Stress:
- Mental stress management is an art that can only be mastered by cherishing the minuscule happy events of life.
- Laugh to your heart’s content, tell or read at least one joke daily.
- Keep the ones close to you happy. There is more happiness in sharing, so helping everyone anywhere you can.
To learn more about managing your cardiovascular problems and how chelation therapy can help rectify them non-surgically, visit the Poona Preventive Cardiology Center website and reach out to our chelation therapy experts today!