Do you know that most of those who seek alternative treatment for Knee pains opt for chiropractic treatment? It is found effective not only for lower back pain, but also for the treatment of herniated disc, neck pains & knee pains. What exactly is this chiropractic treatment? Is it dependable? Well, an expert doctor of Poona Preventive Cardiology Centre (PPCC), an excellent medical centre rendering “Knee pain treatment in Pune, throws light on chiropractic treatment and provides us all the salient information,
What is chiropractic treatment?
Chiropractic is a specialized field of medicine that is dedicated to the treatment for disorders associated with musculoskeletal and nervous system. What is so special about this? Well, this is a non-surgical treatment! The practicing doctor or chiropractors have their attention trained on spinal manipulation and also provide treatment of surrounds structures and area.
The science behind chiropractic treatment is quite simple. The hands-on spine manipulation treatments rendered by chiropractors are utilized, as it is believed that a properly aligned musculoskeletal structure of the body, especially the spine, would facilitate the body to cure itself without the necessity of any sort of medication or surgical procedures. Any tissue injury that is caused due to stress induced by improper back support or fall injuries is treated and thereby the mobility of the joints is improved by manipulation.
What it can treat?
“Chiropractic treatments are essentially employed as alternative treatment for relieving pains in joints, connective tissues that includes ligaments and cartilage, bones” says an expert doctor of non surgical treatments for osteoarthritis in Pune. On few occasions, it is also used along with conventional treatment to enhance the healing period.
What determines the candidature?
It all depends on the medical history and physical examination conducted by the chiropractor. If necessary, the doctor may also seek few laboratory tests and imaging scans to ascertain your candidature for the back pain treatment.
Diagnosis of Chiropractic cure
After assessing the severity of the lower back pain, the damage is classified into three categories.
- Potentially serious: Any open wound, infection, tumor, fraction, pacemaker issues, and many other issues that are serious in nature.
- Nerve issues: In the event of nerve getting pinched and leading to sciatica due to lumbard herniated disc, spondylolisthesis, and spinal stenosis.
- Others: Rest of problems, mostly related to mechanical back pain issued. These are the most common problems encountered by chiropractors.
Of the three categories, Chiropractors take up the treatment only if they are due to nerve issues or mechanical pain problems. Patients with potentially serious issues are jointly treated by surgeons and chiropractors to provide right cure.
How is the treatment provided?
- In the first place, it should be understood that the objective of chiropractic treatment is not limited to providing relief from lower back pain. It is also used to restore the function and prevention of further damage to the tissues.
- The chiropractor employs few manual adjustments to manipulate the joints.
- These manipulations are not slow. With the help of quite rapid but controlled forces, the quality and range of motion are changed and manipulated.
- Additionally, chiropractors also enforce diet restrictions and exercise regimes to augment the results of the treatment.
Benefits of Chiropractic treatment
- It is absolutely a safe, efficient, and effective treatment for acute lower back pain. For instance, these are acute pains that results while abruptly standing or pulling a heavy object.
- Infact chiropractic cure is also effective to some extend for the treatment of osteoarthritis as moderate pressure is employed by the chiropractors.
Risk factors associated with Chiropractic treatment
- Evaluation of existing medical problems is very much essential before commencing the chiropractic cure.
- Chiropractic treatment provided to patients with arthritis or osteoporosis may lead to unnecessary complications.
“It is important to avail the services of expert chiropractor as their several manipulative techniques, arts and skill sets are directly linked with their experience” recommends the expert surgeon of alternative medicine for arthritis treatment in Pune.