At the outset, let us begin with a very simple question – How many of you know about Chelation therapy ? The reality is many of you would not even heard about this phrase till now and hence are completely unaware of the wonderful services and benefits it can render. Chelation therapy is not based on chances or random successes and it has its roots firmly gripped by medical science.
Having rendered treatment for cardiovascular diseases and other chronic ailments through Chelation therapy in our clinic to numerous patients, we are glad to witness them enjoying their new lease of life without having to undergo invasive procedures. Too good to believe? Well, it is high time we present you the complete picture of Chelation therapy and help you understand how this simple but effective non-invasive treatment for heart disease can provide you a better life.
What is Chelation Therapy?
Chelation therapy is an alternative medicine based on a chemical process to remove toxic metals and minerals in our body. The Greek word ‘Chelo’ translates as ‘claw’ and hence the process of Chelation therapy involves grabbing minerals and heavy metals such as mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium, calcium, copper, iron and many more. So what is used in this process to pull these heavy metals and minerals? EDTA – ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid, a water soluble amino acid complex, is the main solution that is injected into the body for detoxification or coronary heart disease treatment.
History & Origin of Chelation therapy
The history of Chelation therapy dates back to pre-world war II era during which it was industrially used to soften the hard water. It was by sheer chance that the real potential of Chelation therapy was discovered – its impeccable ability to treat lead poisoning and also for removing excess calcium (hypercalcemia). During the rigorous clinical trials conducted during 2350’s, it was found that the persons who had lead toxicity in blood streams and also blockages in arteries, showed remarkable improvements in both the symptoms; not only the lead content had come down, the marked improvement in blood circulation was also noticed.
That was the initial spark that triggered the process of standardization of protocols associated with Chelation therapy for heart blockage treatment without surgery . Since then, there has been no turning back and each and every advance in technology has been smartly adopted by Chelation therapy doctors and research scholars to improvise its results. Today, a typical Chelation therapy treatment for heart block includes intravenous infusion of EDTA along with plethora of additives such as Vitamin B6, and minerals such as potassium and magnesium to provide necessary nutrition.
Uses of Chelation Therapy
So, how does Chelation therapy helps our body by grabbing calcium or other heavy metals? A valid question that needs to be addressed immediately before we proceed any further in elaborating about this non invasive heart surgery treatment. Due to sedentary lifestyle practices or improper diet habits, cholesterol combines with fat and calcium and forms plaques. These plaques slowly build up along the inner walls of the arteries and narrow the path available for blood flow. Most of the coronary heart diseases or other associated ailments start marking their presence when the flow of oxygenated blood to heart gets disturbed due to the narrowing of arteries. With the help of this non invasive treatment for heart disease, also aptly known as artery clearance therapy, EDTA solution binds with calcium plaques that are blocking those arteries and gets swept away and thereby improves blood flow.
- For Cardiovascular Diseases (Heart Diseases)
- Angina: Angina is often referred as chest pain; in reality, the pain caused by angina extends up to arms, neck and even throat. Primarily due to restricted blood flow in plaque congested arteries, angina can be effectively relieved through Chelation therapy. It should be borne in the mind that regular bouts of angina are symptoms of underlying heart diseases and hence a timely cardiovascular disease treatment through Chelation therapy may prevent the occurrence of heart attacks or strokes.
- Arrhythmias: Arrhythmias, rhythm of heartbeat becoming erratic or too fast or slow, is a very minor problem, but it can turn out to be a major concern for those who have heart problems. Remember, we are not talking about experiencing occasional symptoms of arrhythmias during strong emotions or physical exertions, as they are quite normal and do not pose any sort of problem. But proper care through Chelation therapy is required when cardiac arrhythmias is experienced due to coronary artery disease.
- Heart Attack: Isn’t it a wonderful news that Chelation therapy can prevent heart attack. In the first place, let us understand why heart attack happens. When oxygen rich blood flow is completely cut off to a section of heart due to blockage in arteries, the heart muscle starves for oxygen. Unfortunately, if heart block treatment is not provided at the appropriate time, the cells in heart muscles die and lead to permanent damage. It should be borne in the mind that arteries get blocked due to build up of plaques and it is a very slow process. With alternative treatment for heart block in the form of Chelation therapy as the rescue, it is quite possible to clear those blockages and completely prevent the occurrence of heart attacks.
- Stroke: The restricted blood flow due to blocked arteries not only can cause malfunctioning of heart, but also deprive blood supply to brain and thereby cause Ischemic strokes. As Chelation therapy targets the complete stretch of arteries to all parts of the body, it cleans the plaques and hence paves way for free and normal flow of blood to all parts of body including brain.
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure): Hypertension or commonly known as high blood pressure occurs when the force of blood is in elevated condition due to the restrictions posed by the plaques along the arteries. As EDTA is administered through Chelation therapy, it helps in removing calcium complex plaques, and also facilitates arteries to retain their original size and attain elasticity. With blood flow getting streamlined due to de-clogged arteries, the blood pressure automatically comes back to a healthy level.
- Atherosclerosis: When arteries get narrowed and hardened due to build up of plaques, it seriously compromises proper flow of blood. As this condition, medically referred as atherosclerosis, progresses all over the body, it not only poses risk for heart but also can lead to strokes or other cardiovascular diseases. Chelation therapy provides wonderful opportunity to flush out all blockage causing plaques across the arteries and thereby drastically brings down the risk factors for the occurrence of cardiovascular diseases.
Hence it is no wonder, Chelation therapy has marked its stamp of authority due to its efficiency in preventive cardiology, non invasive techniques, safe and painless procedure.
- Diabetes: Without any second thoughts, it can be categorically said that Chelation therapy improves blood flow and also enhances arterial health. Hence it indirectly helps to reduce the complications such as amputations, blindness, renal failures that are associated with diabetes. Infact, reports suggest that conducting Chelation therapy with the help of deferoxamine as chelating agent can bring down the dependence of medicine or insulin for maintaining the level of diabetes.
- Fibromyalgia: Being a musculoskeletal ailment that leads to physical and psychological discomforts, its reason for occurrence can be attributed to the presence of metal toxins in fatty tissues of body. So, what can be a natural choice other than Chelation therapy through which the complete body can be cleansed of harmful metal toxins? Chelation therapy can be effectively and efficiently employed to reduce the following symptoms of Fibromyalgia:
- Respiratory system problems
- Neurological issues
- Cardiovascular ailments
- Gastrointestinal symptoms
- Metal Intoxication: Mercury, lead and arsenic poisoning are no more a consequence of rare circumstances and thanks to pollution level in environment, every individual is experiencing heavy metal intoxication to a certain level. It should be recalled that the entire concept of Chelation therapy originated from the necessity to cleanse the body from these heavy metals. With plethora of options in chelating agents, particular targeting of metal for its removal from the body is quite possible with Chelation therapy. Reports suggest that with the help of Chelation therapy, Autism caused by high levels of mercury have also been cured.
- Other Benefits
As Chelation therapy is rapidly gaining popularity in treating ailment related to cardiology, non invasive and painless nature of this procedure finds warm reception among patients seeking treatment in other avenues too.
- Memory Problems or “Brain Fog”: Lack of concentration, memory problem or brain fog are some of the clear cut symptoms of metal intoxication. By diagnosing the levels of toxic metals in blood stream, it is absolutely possible to bring down their concentration in cell tissues through Chelation therapy.
- Chronic Fatigue: Heavy intoxication with mercury metal seems to be one of the prime reasons behind chronic fatigue syndrome. As Chelation therapy is a proven treatment method for removing mercury, it becomes a boon for patients with chronic fatigue
- Autoimmune Disorder: Since toxic materials are notorious for its ability to irritate nerve endings and stimulate abnormal and unnecessary immunity responses in the body, it is no wonder people with high level of toxic materials in their body to have autoimmune disorders. Infact several studies have established the direct link between presence of toxic heavy metals such as mercury, cadmium and lead and autoimmune diseases such as scleroderma, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, and Chelation therapy offers the best possibility of removing these toxic materials and should we say more?
- Kidney Disease: Research studies clearly shows that calcium disodium EDTA Chelation therapy has immense potential in delaying the progression of chronic kidney disease, especially for the patients who have high quantum of lead, one of the highly toxic metals, in their cells.
- Leg Cramps / Walking Problems: Intermittent claudication or commonly known as cramping pain in legs can also be treated by Chelation therapy, as many a time they are caused by arteriosclerosis, the condition in which arteries gets hardened due to excess deposition of plaques.
- Hearing / Vision Loss: Arteriosclerosis is renowned for wrong reasons – the narrowed arteries diminish the ability of hearing and vision. Chelation therapy may be of immense help to prevail over the sensory organs weakening effects that are stimulated by the onset of arteriosclerosis.
- Shortness of Breath: Apart from reasons such as asthma or respiratory tract infections, shortness of breath can also occur due to blockages in arteries located in lungs or improper functioning of heart’s pumping ability. As Chelation therapy can do wonders in de-clogging the arteries, shortness of breath can also be treated using this technique.
- Hormone Dysfunction: Toxic metals have very good affinity to form chemical bonds with cells and thereby disrupt the balanced production of hormones. As Chelating agents can efficiently flush out these toxic metals such as lead, cadmium, arsenic and mercury, it is absolutely possible to bring back normalcy in functionality of organs that are responsible for hormone secretions.
- Erectile Dysfunction: Most often, erectile dysfunction is attributed to poor blood flow circulation in penis. With Chelation therapy as the methodology of treatment, it is quite possible to reverse the effects of medical conditions such as atherosclerosis and hardening of arteries that are responsible for poor blood circulation.
What Does Your Doctor Think About Chelation?
It is a wrong notion to assume that Chelation therapy is usually deployed in treatment for heart block; this non invasive surgery procedure has far flung positive effects in most of the body organs.
Chelation therapy can make individuals have
- Proper cardiovascular health
- Ability to indulge in good physical activities without inviting cramps or other inconvenience
- Better vision and hearing
- Clear memory and proper concentration
- Also with the help of Chelation therapy, autism due to mercury poisoning, blindness among cataract patients due to excess lead and renal failures due to the presence of heavy metals above the permissible levels can be effectively treated.
Chelation therapy can yield excellent results when it is practiced systematically in absolute conformation with the protocol mentioned by American College for Advancement in Medicine (ACAM) in their publication titled “Guidelines for the safe & effective use of Chelation Therapy”. It would be very much appropriate here to summarize the words of Dr. Elmer Cranton, M.D., one of the renowned doctors in Chelation therapy, who says that the chances of side effects in Chelation therapy is 1 in 10000 cases, which is very much negligible. That being said, most of the side effects can be totally eliminated by infusing proper dosage rates of chelating agents.
Is Chelation Therapy Safe?
Like any other medical procedure, coronary heart disease treatment or detoxification through Chelation therapies also carry few risk factors, which are efficiently eliminated by adapting the approved protocols mentioned above. Nevertheless, we present below few probable Chelation therapy side effects that can pop up during the course of treatment:
- While the most common side effect deals with mild burning sensation at the vein area where EDTA is being injected, the rare side effects include headache, nausea and fever. Nevertheless, these rare Chelation therapy side effects are temporary in nature and can be easily handled with proper care.
- More importantly, Chelation therapy in the process of removing toxic metals and calcium, also binds with other vitamins and minerals that are necessary for normal functioning of body. Hence to make up for the loss, it is not uncommon to see practitioners administering doses of vitamins and minerals after detoxification or rendering alternative treatment for heart block by Chelation therapy.
- In very rare cases, kidney damage or heart failure can occur due to low blood pressure levels and hypocalcaemia. Hence it is very important to conduct proper diagnosis before resorting to Chelation therapy.
How Exactly Chelation Therapy Works?
It is an irrefutable fact that Chelation therapy makes individuals free from the ill effects of toxins and this is validated by the approval of Chelation therapy by FDA for treating lead poisoning. When administered intravenously, the chelating agent, either EDTA or DMPS (2,3-Dimercapto-1-propanesulfonic acid), attaches with the heavy metals or undesired elements such as calcium plaques in arteries and move towards the kidneys, where they are removed from the body through urinary tracts.
The real beauty of the entire process lies in the ability of chelating agents to form strong bonds with the metals and come out of the body without the necessity of high risk medications or surgeries. Most of the short or long term illnesses that have huge potential to compromise the functioning abilities of cardiovascular, immune, nervous and skeletal systems can be avoided by timely treatment through Chelation therapy.
Chelation Therapy – Treatment Cost:
If you are of the opinion that illnesses occur only due to problems associated with large blood vessels, it is time to stand corrected. In several instances, tiny blood vessels or capillaries inside our body that forms the root of the problem. As Chelation therapy helps to achieve proper blood circulation across the entire length of blood vessels and capillaries that spans around 100,000 kilometers inside our body, it provides the best of benefits from head to toe. The treatment cost of Chelation therapy is just a fraction of the expenditure incurred for conventional surgery and also while considering its safe and painless mode of heart block treatment methodology, it is a boon to mankind.
Why You Should Go For Chelation Therapy?
To present more convincing reasons to go for Chelation therapy and adopt heart blockage treatment without surgery, it is time that we dwell upon few tangible research works. Well, how about presenting reliable clinical trial evidence that is backed up by solid research spanning across a wide spectrum of patients?
- Trial to Assess Chelation Therapy (TACT): TACT involved 1708 patients, aged fifty plus, having good kidney function but had experienced heart attack once in their life time. While half of the patients were infused with EDTA chelating agent, the rest were given placebo made out of saltwater. The total treatment period was for around a year with 40 intravenous infusion sessions, each lasting for three hours. Almost after a decade, the results were analyzed – Chelation therapy did work.
- 18% reduction of heart events was observed in patients with EDTA treatment.
- 26% reduction of heart events was observed in patients who undertook EDTA chelating agent along with oral dose of vitamins and minerals.
- The staggering effect was observed in diabetic patients, where the reduction was found to be 41% for cardiac events.
Major Study Positive on Chelation Therapy for Heart Disease
The results of TACT were shot in the arm for Chelation therapy practitioners on two counts:
- It proved the world that Chelation therapy is very much safe and can yield remarkable results for the treatment of heart diseases.
- Also TACT has enabled the practitioners to show the much needed scientific support for their mode of treatment.
What Is New About Chelation in 2016?
Encouraged by the far reaching success of TACT, National Institutes of Health (NIH) located in USA has planned to conduct the TACT-2 among 1200 diabetic patients with heart diseases.
Other Non Surgical Treatments for Cardiovascular diseases
Chelation therapy is not the only non invasive surgery treatment for heart failure or other cardiovascular diseases. There are other non-invasive treatments that can yield good results. Interesting, isn’t it?
- ESMR: Extracorporeal Shockwave Myocardial Revascularization (ESMR), as the name suggests is a novel method of treating cardiovascular problems through very mild shockwave impulses that are targeted precisely in the ischemic area. These acoustic shock waves stimulate the growth of new tiny blood vessels around the area of blocked arteries and thereby augment the blood circulation rate to the heart. In other words, it is as good as bypass procedure but without the need to go under the knife.
- HBOT: It is a well known fact that body’s natural healing process demands sufficient quantity of oxygen dissolved in blood. But the trauma sites in cardiovascular system may not receive proper blood circulation and hence the chances of natural healing process get lessened. With Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy(HBOT), it is possible to enhance healing ability of the body by enabling the patient to inhale pure oxygen. Through HBOT, all fluids, cells and tissues in the body are saturated with oxygen and hence the inflammatory sites receive oxygen through these alternative channels and there by promote healing.
By now you would have had a good grasp of huge benefits Chelation therapy offers when compared with conventional treatments like bypass surgery or placements of stents or angioplasty. To put it in a nutshell, Chelation therapy is a boon to patients seeking cardiovascular disease treatment not only on account of cost economics, but also in avoiding invasive procedures, necessity for hospitalization and most importantly encountering the uncertainties and side effects of surgeries.
Chelation therapy can be a successful treatment for cardiovascular diseases only when administered by qualified and authorized Chelation therapy doctorswho know the best of protocols that needs to be strictly adhered to. Having successfully provided treatment for heart failure to numerous cardiovascular patients through Chelation therapy, you can always bank on Poona Preventive Cardiology Centre to provide the right treatment. Schedule an appointment with us to evaluate your suitability of this result-oriented non invasive heart surgery procedure and explore its possible outcome.