Treatments that will change your life for the better
Poona Preventive Cardiology Centre (PPCC) is a speciality clinic offering optimal treatment to people suffering from coronary diseases. Dr Lenny Da Costa Consultant- Geriatrician, Preventive Cardiologist and anti-aging specialist answers queries put forth by people regarding preventive treatment for coronary diseases.
Why is there a need for Preventive Treatment for Coronary Disease?
In today’s fast paced world the lifestyle of people has become very hectic. People are under great stress and are thus prone to a number of lifestyle diseases like diabetes, heart diseases and much more. In Pune, there have been many cases of people suffering from coronary disease. Even young adults are prone to this disease which can be fatal too. It is necessary to care for your heart to enjoy seamless moments of joy and fun with your loved ones.
What are the procedures followed at PPCC?
The doctors at Poona Preventive Cardiology center have included the following treatment procedures which can help to prevent coronary disease: Chelation Therapy & EECP.
What is Chelation Therapy?
The chelation therapy is primarily used today for the prevention and treatment of vascular diseases including:
- coronary heart disease
What does the Chelation Therapy procedure involve?
In this therapy chelating agents like EDTA or Ethylene Diamine Tetra-acetic Acid is used , which is infused through intravenous. The infused EDTA travels through the bloodstream and grabs minerals and metals like lead, iron, calcium, aluminum, copper, cadmium and mercury. It binds them and eventually removes them from the bloodstream and delivers them to the kidneys. It is then excreted through urine. The minerals that are bounded by the chelating agent cannot react in any undesirable way.
How does the EDTA help?
The EDTA helps to:
- Enhance antioxidant activity by reducing the production of free radicals and also prevent their destructive influence and also reduce atherosclerotic plaque.
- Improve production of cellular energy by removing the ions, reducing local toxic substances and improving the production and function of the enzymes (whose activity gets inhibited due to calcium deposits in the walls of the arteries).
- Reduce stickiness of blood by removing the calcium present in the membrane of the platelet and thus improving its function and also inhibit over coagulation.
- Normalize Cholesterol levels in blood by increasing the HDL (good cholesterol) or high density lipoproteins and reduces LDL (bad cholesterol) or low density lipoproteins.
- Remove calcium from plaque by binding with ionic or free calcium present in the blood. It releases parathormone which increases the calcium demand in blood. The body thus responds by drawing from the calcium deposits that are present in the plaque. The removal of calcium from the plaque leads to the re-absorption of plaque and the restoration of the normal status of the arteries.
The doctors at PPCC are fully trained and competent in the usage of Chelation therapy. In fact it considered to be the safest among all medical procedures which can help to prevent coronary disease.
Is there a heart treatment without angioplasty bypass?
Yes, at PPCC we also include EECP or Enhanced External Counter Pulsation (EECP) therapy wherein you can avoid angioplasty bypass. This procedure approved by F.D.A (U.S.A) and N.H.S (U.K) is a completely non-invasive procedure and does not involve any surgery. This treatment can be given to patients who have already undergone angioplasty or bypass surgery and help them optimize their health.
What does the EECP treatment procedure involve?
This treatment involves 35 sessions each of one hour duration. It is administered to the patient for 6 days a week and total period of 6 weeks. In this procedure some pressure systems are wrapped around the body parts which have extra blood storage helping an increased flow of blood to heart during Diastole or the rest phase. The coronary arteries receive supply of blood during every diastole of heart. Thus the coronary arteries get filled up completely with blood,
ECP works by increasing the blood flow to the heart during its rest phase (Diastole) during which the coronary arteries receive their blood supply. EECP causes an immediate and sustained increase in the supply of blood to the heart by
- Dilating the coronary blood vessels
- Opening dormant collateral vessels
- Creating new blood vessels or Angiogenesis
What are the other benefits of the EECP treatment?
This preventive treatment is highly beneficial to patients with coronary disease:
- Reduces or ends chest pain
- Decreases the need for medication
- Improves the ejection fraction
- Improves the overall cardiac output
- Improves peripheral endothelial function in patients with advanced CAD
- Enhances myocardial perfusion by facilitating multiple natural bypasses through arteriogenesis and angiogenesis
- Significantly brings improvement of blood circulation to all body organs
- Reduces effects of erectile dysfunction
- Enlarges the smaller arteries
- Substantially increase renal or kidney circulation
- Increases the flow of blood to the brain, pancreas and also liver
- Increases stamina levels
- Resolves the problem of shortness of breath
We have a team trained specialists and nurses who will make you feel at ease throughout the treatment process and you can also go home or even go to work immediately after each treatment.
Our objective is to provide the best preventive treatment for coronary disease which is cost effective and beneficial to our patients. We offer a comprehensive preventive treatment for coronary diseases thereby helping our patients to have a healthy and happy lifestyle.